Thursday 26 December 2013

Things I am not going to buy - Day 26: Learn to speak Spanish books

I really want to be able to speak Spanish.  Ever since my very first trip abroad, which was to Ibiza in 1984, I have tried many times to learn the language, but I have never actually got much better than being able to ask someone how they are, order a meal, count to 10 and say Merry Christmas (which is not that useful as I have never spent Christmas in Spain). 

Every now and then I feel the enthusiasm to become more fluent coming on and, rather than going through the huge library of "Learn Spanish" books/tapes/CDs/ computer software that I already have, I am persuaded to buy the latest book/CD/software that promises to make it very easy to become fluent in Spanish.  I load tracks onto my MP3 player to listen to as I walk around, and I read a few chapters of the book, before life gets in the way.  I should probably start doing these courses from chapter 4 onwards, which would enable me to actually make some progress. 


Unfortunately I can't buy the one thing that I need to learn Spanish and that is the time! 


No comments:

Post a Comment