Tuesday 10 December 2013

Things I am not going to buy - Day 10: Black trousers



Clothes feature in a number of my 31 items not to buy.  This is because, like many women, I have a wardrobe full of clothes but can never find a thing to wear!  Well, OK, I can ALWAYS find a pair of black trousers.  I am very comfortable wearing trousers, and black trousers appear to be the most readily available in most shops - recent attempts to find some "anything-but-black" trousers have not been very successful.  The shops that sell slightly more trendy clothes (including interesting coloured trousers), insist that trousers are made with a waist that is about 3 inches below where normal people have their waist.  I would not exactly describe myself as large (following my successful attempts that have been previously blogged, to get rid of a little over a stone) - I now take a size 8-10 in trousers, so, in theory, shouldn't look too bad in most trousers - however, as soon as I pull on a pair of trousers with a zip that is only 2 inches long, a huge mound of flesh pours over the top of the trousers in a most unattractive way.  I don't know where it comes from - when I zip myself into a tight pair of size 8 skinny jeans, it seems to disperse quite nicely, but not so when there is nothing there to hold it all in. 

Here is a picture of the trouser section of my wardrobe.  The 2 pairs of coloured trousers on the right are actually jeans, so I can't wear them for work.  The only slight variation from black is the two pairs of dark grey you can see on the left hand side.  Other than that, it's black, black, black!              




I would really love to wear something other than black trousers (a nice dress perhaps?), but can't break out of it.  I really mustn't buy any more for a VERY long time!


No comments:

Post a Comment