Tuesday 17 December 2013

Things I am not going to buy - Day 17: Food that is reduced because it needs using up that day


This could, technically, come under the banner of "bargains", as covered in yesterday's blog.  I wander around the supermarket, or M&S food department, and spot the magic words "REDUCED" on some fresh produce.  That is, of course, one of the trigger words that sets off the bargain hunting instinct, and I am immediately on "bargain alert". 
The magic word!


Now we all know that the shops are over-cautious with their sell-by/best-by/use-by dates, and we all get a bit confused (or is it just me???). 



When I buy food that is reduced because it needs to be eaten immediately, I have every good intention of either cooking it on the day I buy it or the next day, or, of freezing it (if it is meat).  In reality, I take it home, put it in the fridge, and find it a week later, along with the other food I have bought and not eaten.  


No comments:

Post a Comment