Sunday 22 December 2013

Things I am not going to buy - Day 22: Tins of chopped tomatoes


I'm not really sure why, but I have a strange habit of buying tins of chopped tomatoes in bulk.  I don't mean the packs of 6 that you can get in the supermarket, but I mean a carton of 4 packs of 6 - ie 24 tins at a time, from Costco


It's not as though I do a huge amount of cooking with tomatoes (or with anything...), and they're not the sort of thing you can just open and eat as a tasty snack(!).  They sit in a cupboard taking up far too much storage space, mocking me each time I open the cupboard door.  I don't know what happened over the past few years, but I ended up with about 48 tins of tomatoes lurking in the cupboard.  My tomato amnesia is a close rival to the bath product amnesia discussed in yesterday's post

No comments:

Post a Comment