Friday 20 December 2013

Things I am not going to buy - Day 20: Earrings

I have got out of the habit of wearing earrings, or at least, wearing different earrings on different days.  In my days of power-dressing/shoulder pads/high heels/red lipstick/overpowering perfume, I used to wear the earrings to match - very large, dangly and shiny, I would never wear the same pair two days running.  My jewellery box was full of lots of pieces of metal, plus quite a few nice pairs of more subtle gold earrings. 


These days I really can't be doing walking around with anything resembling Christmas tree decorations dangling from my ears.  The most I usually manage is a pair of studs, or maybe some small hoops.  Once in, I usually leave them in for a couple of weeks, as I can't be bothered to take them out.  I often lose the backs, or sometimes a stud, when I am washing my hair and manage to catch one.




I won't be buying myself any more earrings.  That said, I would not be unappreciative if any little light blue boxes (you know the ones) turned up in my Christmas stocking, with a very tasteful pair in white gold...

No comments:

Post a Comment