I’m back, with news of a brand new me! Well, that is the plan anyway... I am in the early stages of my “journey” (as I would describe it, were I to be interviewed for my reality TV programme). Still the ‘old’ me at the time of writing, but hoping that by blogging my progress, there will actually be some! So, as you are no doubt dying to know what I am waffling on about, I will tell you dear
readers reader: I am going to improve my health and lose some of the excess podge that has slowly been growing around my middle! Not radical, I know, and not something I haven’t attempted in the past (on MANY occasions), however I am going to try a few different approaches in the quest to feel better, look better, ensure that my twilight years are spent in good health and, hopefully, add a few more years to my life expectancy. Nothing too radical - just a few variations on the eat less/move more theme that is the only way to lose weight sensibly.
- Well, as more and more birthdays come and go, each year seemingly quicker than the previous, it is becoming ever more difficult to battle the gradual upward creep of the needle on the scales (ok, my scales don’t actually have a needle as they are digital, but it doesn’t sound as good... anyway, I digress..).
- Secondly, the wine drinking has become far too much of a habit, as confirmed by the overflowing re-cycling bin each week.
- Having been in denial for the previous 12 months, I finally had to give in and start buying a few pairs of trousers in a bigger size as I thought it might be nice to be able to breathe during the day
- Having lost both my grandmother and mother at relatively young ages to pancreatic cancer, I feel that I can't fight the overwhelming amount of evidence that shows that lifestyle is a major factor in the likelihood of an individual developing many of the cancers.
- I want to look, and feel, better in my clothes
- I want to be around when my son grows up
Back soon with more details of my approach, and my progress so far